TRAVEL: Saying Goodbye to Cebu, and Hello to Siquijor (7/31-8/1/16) 

Leaving our little home in Cebu was bittersweet. After spending a few days and getting used to our little spot over the sea, it was time to say goodbye and pack up for our next destination. Matutinao Resort was such a warm place to stay with wonderful hospitality. Before leaving, we went to mass at (insert church’s name here), which was a beautiful, upbeat celebration said in Tagalog and what sounded like a little bit of Cebuano. 
Matutinao Resort, Cebu, Philippines 

We took a yellow Ceres bus to the Bato bus station, and from there we took a tricycle to the ferry terminal. The ferry took us from the Liloan Port to the Sibulan Port. We took a tricycle from there to Dumaguete, where we finally took a ferry to Siquijor. In a matter of minutes, all of us realized we were tired and seasick. Josh, Alvin, and I tried sleeping the sickness off. One hour and forty minutes later, we finally arrived on Siquijor Island.

Sibulan Port, Cebu, Philippines 

Low-tide in Siquijor. 

As we were walking from the port to the city, we noticed that the tide was extremely low. Green seaweed and moss covered floors encompassed where the water used to be. We were quickly greeted by a few locals who asked if we needed rides via tricycle. We took a tricycle from the port to our hotel, which cost about 400 pesos. When we arrived at The Bruce, there was still a lot of daylight left. We all quickly agreed that this was the nicest accommodation we were going to stay at so far. We spent our first night in a two-person room since they didn’t have our room ready. Hungry and tired from the day’s journey, we went across the street and had burgers that Josh and I didn’t like very much. 

The next morning, the boys and I were all still very tired and hit by some lazy island vibes. We ate breakfast, read books, took naps, spent time in the wifi room, did some yoga, ate some more, and caught up with my blog. It was actually our first REAL “chill day” where we sat and did absolutely nothing and went absolutely nowhere, and it felt great! The only place Josh and I went was to the doctor. His stomach had been bothering him for about a week and he was still having irregular bowel movements. Josh’s visit to see a doctor was free since he saw a government doctor, and his antibiotics only cost a few hundred pesos. 

I ended my day with some light yoga, which I hadn’t been doing since I got sick. I noticed my body was both physically and mentally weaker than it was before I caught my fever. Poses that I can normally do on a daily basis were hard and intangible for me at the moment. It was frustrating, but also very humbling for me to take a step back and try and rebuild my strength again. 

Alvin and I ate instant noodles that I had leftover while Josh ate bread and a banana. We went to bed early and got well rested for the next day’s adventure. 


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s