Thank you to those who tuned in to my first episode of Afternoon Poison! Really excited to be continuing my show this semester, with a new show time and show name.
This episode of Afternoon Poison featured a great new genre I just discovered called Tropical House, which is all good vibes and greatsounds. I had the chance to dedicate a song to my Filipino heritage and myfamily in the Philippines, and explained the importance of holding on toculture. I gave a sneak peak of my recent interview with Sam Feldt, whichhighlighted some of my favorite things he said that definitely reiterated how I fell in love with his music. Of course, I ended the show going back to my roots: contemporary folk music. I always love to bring my audience full circle, back to the beautiful origins whence we came.
Photo: Hanging out with tropic house DJ, Thomas Jack, before his show.
1. Somewhere Over The Rainbow (Thomas Jack Remix) by IZ
2. Dahil Sa’yo (Asin Cover)
3. Bloesem by Sam Feld & De Hofnar
4. On Trees and Birds and Fire (Sam Feldt & Bloombox Remix) by I Am Oak
5. Forever Young (Rhiannon Giddens and Iron & Wine) by Bob Dylan
6. Hometown Hero by Andy Shauf
7. Down by the River by Milky Chance
8. Little Talks (Thomas Jack Remix) by Of Monsters And Men